Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TLC's A Baby Story

I was flipping through the channels the other evening and saw A Baby Story.  It reminded me of an interesting (it is interesting because I say so) observation I had recently.  Because I'm like the best observer of stuff ever.  Anyway, I noticed that show is only interesting when you JUST had a baby.  Like the first two or three weeks after you had a baby. 

When you are pregnant, you would think this would be a fun show to watch.  Nope.  No interest in getting more detail about the horror (oops, that is totally counter to my hypnobabies training) amazing thing that is about to happen to me. 

About two weeks post partum, you realize that the whole baby birthing thing doesn't hold quite the same fascination as it did in the moments following your own experience.  Shocking.

Uh-oh, does this mean all of you have the same reaction to my stupid mumblings about parenting?

Don't answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment