Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things

This post is a little off-topic, but might be a nice intermission piece after a series of more contemplative posts.

I have stumbled across a few new things lately that have made my list of favorites, and wanted to share:

As someone who tries my best to watch the nutritional content of our food, I've been on a quest to find natural peanut butter that doesn't have that disgustingly dry taste and texture or nasty separation.  I stumbled across a natural peanut butter (no hydrogenated oils, gluten free, no high fructose corn syrup) that doesn't require refrigeration, doesn't separate, and tastes better than regular peanut butter!  My favorite is The Bee's Knees.  The company is called Peanut Butter & Co and I was able to find it in our local grocery store.


We had almost given up on taking our daughter to the movies, because the animated films tend to be too loud and scary on the big screen.  But, we decided to give it one more college try, and took her this past Friday night to see Ponyo, which we all loved.  I highly recommend seeing it, even if you don't have young children.  It is by the same director who did the academy-award winning film Spirited Away.

I'll admit I haven't actually read this book yet, so I am a little premature including it in my list of favorites, but from what I've seen so far, I think I am safe in making the assumption that it will be on the list.  Since I haven't read it, I'll let someone who has do the talking.  Check on this blog post on Nurture Shock.

Any other favorite things to share?  Feel free to add to the list.

2 comments:

  1. We have a Vita-Mix at our house and while I know I can make peanut butter (or other nut butters) with it, I haven't gotten around to it yet. I really should, though, as my daughter and hubby both really like peanut butter. I'll add that to my "someday I'll get around to it" list. :-) - Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I checked their site and it looks like I can get it at a store by me. I'll have to pick it up next time we're out. Right now we use almond butter, and while its ingredients are 100% in line with our nutritional beliefs, you have to slightly stir it and refrigerate it.

    ReplyDelete