Speaking of my daughter's teachers, I must say they have to be among the best. I don't tell them enough how much they are appreciated. I recently ran across an article written by a preschool teacher with tips for what to do/not do as mom of a preschooler. I confess, I am guilty of a number of these, but I vow to reform.
- I have been on my cell phone a few times when I've picked her up. Oops.
- I sent her to school in her stupid puppy flip flops because it was easier than arguing with her.
- I often linger too long when saying goodbye. Mother's guilt.
- I sent her to school once with this chicken toy that dances and sings the chicken dance. It is very annoying.
- Thi Thu helped me make their Christmas candy. And I told them that. In fairness, I washed her hands before we baked.
- There are many times when I've picked her up in workout clothes. Give me a break on this one. I should shower, redo my makeup, and put nice clothes back on just to look good when I pick her up? Sorry, don't agree with that one.
- I've chatted with other moms at pick up. Yes, I expect the teacher to still help me watch her. My childcare bills are nearly as much as a house payment, so I have no remorse about that expectation. Don't agree with that one either.